Tuesday 17 April 2007

Gardening leave

I woke up this morning at 5.45am to catch the Today programme. Got to make sure I know my stuff in case I get any press calls. It’s sunny outside but I’m holed up in my flat studying the new channel grids and getting up to speed with My Channel (feels good to write this.) With the new job starting in a couple of weeks I can't afford to rest on my laurels.... especially as the schedules are a complete and utter disaster zone. What was the last idiot controller doing? Anyone can see the channel is wrongly positioned. No wonder the fucking advertisers have jumped ship in their droves. We’re offering dodgy sitcoms and sponging off the main channel brands with cheap, high volume ‘behind the scenes’ shite. There’s no imagination. No vision. No risk taking. They need someone to come in and shake up the organisation with some big, bold, brave programming.

[Note to self: Must ring Endemol and get them in for a creative brainstorm ASAP]

No comments: