Tuesday 19 June 2007

Being Britney's Mum

My development lackie Jo (who looks very striking in a figure-hugging wraparound dress and strappy heels today) is convinced we should do an access film with Lynne Spears (no wonder! She spent three months under my predecessor securing the access).

YAWN!

I really can't be bothered with this type of celebrity documentary any more. I think I did it to death at C4 5 years ago, and don't wish to repeat myself.

McDonald (sharp cookie this guy) was earwigging in on my chat with Jo and very shrewdly jumped in, suggesting: "Why don't we pastiche [nice word to throw in McDonald] the Celebrity Wife Swap format and find another Z-list celebrity parent for Lynne to swap roles with? Imagine if we persuaded Mrs Timberlake to take part?"

Jo looked pretty peeved that her proposition for a straight access film about Britney's mum had been subverted so cleverly by her colleague. I just sat back and enjoyed the spectacle. He's a shrewd operator. Reminds me of how I was when I first started in telly.

I think McDonald could go far (if only he would stop wearing that fucking absurd baseball cap all the time).

No comments: