Friday 1 June 2007

Attack of the scary diversity lady

The Corporation's diversity executive barged into my office – completely unannounced – just as I was about to settle in and secretly catch-up with last week's final episode of Lost. She looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't place her...

Somehow (there must be a leak in my office) she has got wind of my Brown-Task-Force-Initiative to rid the BBC of its Asian bias. Before I could even introduce myself, she was challenging me about 'what the hell I thought I was fucking doing?'.....blah blah blah 'how dare I not consult with her' ya-da-ya-da-ya-da 'no evidence to back up these claims' etc. et-fucking-cetra. The woman is ferocious.

These 'diversity executives' don't have much of a sense of humour do they?!

I held my hands up.

"Hey, I’m a Jewish minority too - remember. I know how it feels to be marginalised in society. To see unadvertised jobs go to the 'right crowd', to feel like an outsider all the time. I’m just trying to help."

With that I gave my very best shit-eating Tony Blair grin.

She raised her eyes to the roof and shoulder barged me on her way out.

No comments: