Wednesday 23 May 2007

What Commissioning Crisis!?

FROM: TVC-01@Corporation.co.uk
TO: Key Independent Suppliers; All Commissioning; All Supply Chain; All Regional(UK); All Corporation Development; All Executive PAs
BCC: Mark Thompson

Hello

You may have recently read in 'Broadcast' that the Corporation is supposedly going through a commissioning 'crisis'. I would just like to reassure you all that here at the Youth Channel we are still open for business as usual.

Yes, we are in the middle of re-positioning our strategy for 2008/9 - and I know this has had a knock-on effect for some of you - but I would like to add that we remain absolutely committed to finding bold and original ideas that take the Channel forward.

In the next few days I will be issuing a briefing document that, hopefully, will give a clear outline of my pressing content needs for the next quarter. I will also be visiting many of you personally, to meet your development teams and to get to know the 'people behind the programmes'. Anthony, my assistant, will be in touch very soon to arrange this.

These are exciting times. Together, I hope we all can play an important role in shaping the creative future of the Youth Channel.

Warm Regards,
TVC

No comments: