Wednesday 16 May 2007

Dead people react quicker than the Corporation...

Fifi called me at home, she's only just got back to me now about the email I sent last night - almost twenty four hours later!

She spent the day interrogating some poor Blue Peter Editor about the phone-in scandal and was on strict orders ‘not to be disturbed’. So it seems me cancelling my entire-fucking-commissioning output for 2008/9 is somehow deemed less fucking important than a few kids being short of pocket money this month?! Very worrying.

I’m not used to this heavy, formal management style one bit. She asked me to ‘justify my position’ (Hello? I didn’t join this god forsaken dinosaur of an organisation to be told what I can and cannot do with My Channel). Then, when she realised my mind would not be changed, she started talking about the programmes I've nuked to kingdom come as a ‘crucial cog’ in the Corporation’s ‘joined-up thinking’ for 2008. Crikey, twenty more minutes of this and I wanted to shove my Supernanny Rose D’Or up her crack...

She's booked me in for an hour's 'chat' first thing (ie: lecture me on how to do my job). I will hold firm and not be bullied.

As planned, my first two days in office have certainly spiced things up. There was no word all day from Klein and his cronies. I think they’re in a state of shock.

Should make my official 'Meet & Greet the New Channel Controller' soirée tomorrow very interesting.....

No comments: