Wednesday 16 May 2007

Is My Office Big Enough?

Some quick early observations of the 6th floor office:

1. Too many men. It wasn't like this at Horseferry Road. To this day, I'm still not sure this was deliberate, but I reckon the ratio of girls to men was at least 5/1. Here, it already feels like 2/6. Obviously, I'm not sexist, but I do feel that women just get tv a lot more easily than men.

Which leads me on to...

2. Sorry, but has anyone every heard of having a male PA?? I'm very suspicious of this Anthony. He comes across as super bright and, I admit, very efficient (so far) but if he's so damn good at his job then why is he seemingly content with being paid £15K to work as my dogsbody?? Surely he must have some real ambition. And quite frankly, that is an early worry for me; he'll be privy to a lot of delicate information. Not sure at this stage how to deal with this one.

But on the up side...

3. Nice to have an office of my own [again]. Julian's going to be hating the 2nd floor at Horseferry Road if he was used to this set up! I've got my own proper space, of 16foot by 24foot (I know this because I had one of the black maintenance guys tape measure the dimensions for me earlier). Of course, it feels very media bland right now, and is missing the personal touches (I'll bring in my Supernanny poster tomorrow) but thank fuck I've got a place to breathe, to plot, to think and to woo away from the plods on the factory floor.

Glad the Corporation didn't go all PC like Channel 4 did 18 months ago and force all the execs into open-plan office hell.

No comments: