Tuesday 8 May 2007

Googling myself again

Did it a few times today, in between putting up my profile at toyboywarehouse.com.

According to the popularity rating gospel that is Google, I'm an engineer, a singer and an ex-marine. It takes a second page until my true self is revealed to the world. The second page!

Googled my ex just out of curiosity. She must have her management on the case because her official page comes up first time around, always.

Then I googled my ex-boss. And then my former deputy. I don't get it, their true identities come up first time, every time. Frustrating and embarassing. Will chat to my new PA and see what can be done. Considering who I am and how far I've come, I don't want people having to spend more than 30 seconds trying to find 'me' on the internet. If Google is the ultimate rating of whether you are a somebody then I don't want them getting crap about a bloody burnt out karaoke singer-songwriter over me

God I hate fucking bank holidays.

No comments: